Curtains add charm and vibrancy to your living room. Your living room, which is the focal point for entertaining family, guests, and friends alike, should be welcoming and inviting. At the same time, it should be a cosy haven for your family and pets to enjoy their free time. Curtains keep your living room shaded and cool. They also team with your upholstery fabrics and carpets and add bright colours and lustre to your living room.
Curtains get dirty and dusty over time with regular usage. Regular cleaning keeps your curtains in top shape to add beauty and freshness to your living room. Use professional Curtain Cleaners in Brisbane to keep your curtains spick-and-span.
Curtain fabrics and their care
Curtain fabrics are made of different fabrics. These can be both delicate and expensive. Taking proper care of your curtain fabrics ensures that you increase the longevity of your curtains. This includes:
- Keeping the fabric free from damage and physical wear and tear,
- Removing spots and stains while ensuring that the colours don’t run,
- Maintaining the quality of the fabric and texture, including preserving characteristics like softness, crispness, and stiffness,
- Keeping the curtain fabrics free from wrinkles and creases
The curtain-cleaning process
You must regularly clean your curtains to keep them in top shape and free from wear and tear. Dirty, grimy curtains can become faded and torn.
- Remove your dusty and dirty curtains at least once a week to give them a thorough cleaning.
- Start the cleaning process by removing the dry dust. You can vacuum the curtains thoroughly by using the appropriate attachments, like upholstery attachments, etc. This will help to remove the surface dust.
- After checking the manufacturers’ instructions contained in the care label, use the appropriate process to clean the curtains. Curtains can be hand washed, machine washed, dry cleaned, or steam cleaned, depending on the type of curtain fabric.
- While using detergents or curtain cleaning chemicals, make sure that you do a patch test in a small corner to avoid any adverse reactions from the cleaning agents.
- Use the appropriate process—hand wash, machine wash, steam cleaning, or dry cleaning—to clean your curtain fabric. Avoid mixing other clothes while machine washing your curtains to avoid the running of colours resulting in stained curtains.
- Use stain removers and the appropriate cleaners to remove stains and spots from your curtains. Apply the stain-removing agents and let them rest for some time before beginning the cleaning process. Clean your curtains gently. Scrubbing or harsh handling of your curtains may cause the stains to spread further and physically damage your curtains.
- After your curtains are completely cleaned, check them thoroughly from end to end. If there are small rips, holes, and wear and tear, you must remove your curtains to prevent the damage from spreading. This helps to preserve your curtains for a longer period of time and make them long-lasting. While mending your curtains, pay attention to any ribbons, fasteners, laces, or fancy attachments. Also, ensure that you restitch any open seams and hems. Make sure that you take care of these repairs as and when they occur to avoid any permanent damage. It is always better to attend to these before you start the washing process to avoid aggravating the damage.
- Ironing your curtains removes wrinkles and creases and makes them look presentable. Make sure that your curtain material can be ironed before you start this process to avoid damaging the fabric.
- Your curtains may look yellow with age or faded. Cleaning such curtains may require professional help. You can always hire local curtain cleaners in Brisbane to deep clean your curtains to remove tough stains, whether steam cleaning or dry cleaning.
Your curtains are valuable possessions. Keeping them spick and span makes your curtains long-lasting. It also helps you avoid costly refurbishments. Hiring local, professional cleaners like Professional Curtain Cleaning Brisbane helps you preserve the aesthetic ambience of your home.
Curtain Cleaning Brisbane is a well-reputed curtain and upholstery cleaning company operating in Brisbane and its neighbourhood. We work 24×7, 7 days a week. Please contact our customer care at 0488856623 or online through our website to schedule an appointment at your convenience.